For Nursery age children (3-4 years) we are allocated Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP).
For each eligible child the school receives £342 per year. This is an enhancement of 60p per hour on top of the base rate funding we receive for each child per hour.
The school will be eligible to claim EYPP funding for your child if you meet one of the following criteria. Please come and speak to us if you think your child might be eligible:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (provided they have an annual net earned income equivalent to and not exceeding £7,400, assessed on up to three of the parent’s most recent Universal Credit assessment periods.)
They have been in local-authority care for one day or more in England or Wales
They’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
Please click her for further information:
Comper uses its Pupil Premium & EYPP funding in the following ways:
- To increase the number of qualified staff in the setting to reduce the adult/child ratios
- We recognise that pupils eligible for Pupil Premium have a wide range of needs, including stretch and challenge for the most able, and we use the funding to improve outcomes for the full range of eligible pupils.
- To improve the opportunities and experiences we can offer the children to enhance our curriculum offer (improve cultural capital)
- To improve the quality of our resources to ensure that we can offer the best start to our children's early education
- To improve our capacity to offer high quality professional development to our staff to ensure that they have the knowledge and skills to deliver consistently high quality teaching and learning experiences to our children
- We track the progress of pupil premium children rigorously to ensure there is a positive impact on learning outcomes.
For more detailed information about how we spend the money we receive each year, please see our PP&EYPP strategy statement.