Comper Child care
Child care Fees and Fee Arrears Policy
How to pay
All fees for our child care must be paid in advance and within 14 days of receipt of your invoice.
Fees for any additional sessions must be paid at the time of booking subject to confirmation of availability.
Fees may be paid in the following ways:
- By cash or cheque at the school office (please make cheques payable to ‘Oxfordshire County Council’).
- Via Employer Childcare Voucher Schemes – please see the ‘How to make a payment’ page for further details.
You may be entitled to Working Families Tax Credit which may cover up to 70% of your childcare fees. Enquiries regarding entitlement for this benefit should be made with the Inland Revenue and it is your responsibility to ensure that all the information your supply to them is correct and kept up to date. Please telephone 0845 300 3900 or visit https://www.gov.uk/claim-tax-credits/how-to-claim
How your childcare fees are set:
- The fees that we charge cover the costs of caring for your child whilst he/she are at Comper Child care. They also cover such things as staff salaries, heating and lighting, snacks, spare nappies, milk, and educational and play equipment.
- Comper Child care is non profit making and any surpluses made will be reinvested back in to the Childcare.
Changes to your Child care fees:
We review our child care fees annually, and we will give you at least one month’s notice of any changes to our fees.
If you are having money problems:
If you are having difficulty paying your Child care fees you must contact Comper Child care as soon as possible. We will do what we can to help. For example we can arrange for you to pay any arrears in manageable instalments and accept weekly payments rather than monthly.
Organisations that can give you free financial advice include:
Citizens Advice Bureau StepChange Debt Charity
95 St. Aldates Tel: 0800 1381111
Tel: 03444 111 444
Debt Advice Foundation
Tel: 0800 043 40 50
Or visit www.nationaldebtline.co.uk
Child care Fee Arrears
If your child care fees are not paid the following action will be taken:
- If your fees are outstanding by more than 30 days, Comper Child care will contact you by letter to advise you of your outstanding fees. You shall be asked to make payment within 7 working days, or to come and discuss the matter further.
- If the matter is discussed further and an alternative payment plan devised then Comper Child care shall make weekly checks to ensure that this payment plan is being followed and regular payments being made.
- If, within 7 days, you fail to make your required payment, or come in to discuss the matter, Comper Child care shall send a 2nd and final reminder giving you 10 working days notice of termination of your child(ren)s place(s) in Child care.
- If, at the end of this 10 day notice period, the outstanding fees have still not been paid then your child(ren)’s Child care places will be withdrawn and your debt referred to the Oxfordshire County Council solicitors for appropriate action.
- Re-admission to Child care , once outstanding fees have been paid, shall be subject to the admissions policy and shall be subject to availability.
This policy is reviewed annually.